Last modified: August 9, 2022
Camp Get-A-Way of Western NYS, Inc. (“Company” or “We“) respects your privacy and is committed to protecting it through our compliance with this policy. This policy describes:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you visit, register, access, or use our Company website at cgaw.org (the “Website“).
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy applies only to information we collect on the Website and in email and other electronic communications sent through, or in connection with the Website.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company apps or websites, including websites you may access through our website.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party.
Our websites and other apps, and these third party sites or applications may have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 13
The Website is not intended for children under 13 years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com.
Information We Collect and How We Collect It
We collect information from and about users of our Website:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use the Website.
Information You Provide to Us
When you visit, register with, or use this Website, we may ask you provide information:
- By which you may be personally identified, your name, email address, or your photos (“personal information”).
- That is about you but individually does not identify you, such as your age, date of birth and location (i.e., longitude, latitude and altitude), messages sent via the Website and categories you are a part of within the Website.
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms in the Website. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use the Website, and posting material. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with the Website.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
When you use the Website, we will utilize the “core location” as part of your mobile device GPS and we will collect real-time location information about your longitude, latitude and altitude and may save your device’s coordinates. This information identifies your physical location. We will also access your mobile device camera to collect real-time images of your face necessary to provide the facial recognition feature of the Website.
You will provide information to be published or displayed (“Posted”) through the Website once you’ve logged on (collectively, “User Contributions”). Your User Contributions are Posted and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of third parties with whom your User Contributions are shared with. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your User Contributions will not be viewed by unauthorized persons.
Automatic Information Collection and Tracking
When you download, access, and use the Website, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use the Website, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of the Website, including location data and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through the Website.
- Stored Information and Files. The Website also may access metadata and other information associated with other files stored on your device. This may include, for example, photographs, audio and video clips.
- Location Information. This Website collects real-time information about the location of your device.
If you do not want us to collect this information do not VISIT the Website.
We also may use these technologies to collect information about your activities over time and across third-party websites, apps, or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- Cookies (or mobile cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on your smartphone. It may be possible to refuse to accept mobile cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your smartphone. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access the Website or certain parts of it.
- Web Beacons. Pages of the Website may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages and for other related website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain website content and verifying system and server integrity).
Third-Party Information Collection
When you use the Website or its content, certain third parties may use automatic information collection technologies to collect information about you or your device. These third parties may include:
- Amazon: Recognition (AWS).
- Social media sites, including but not limited to: LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook and Twitter.
- Your mobile device manufacturer.
- Your mobile service provider.
These third parties may use tracking technologies to collect information about you when you use this Website. The information they collect may be associated with your personal information or they may collect information, including personal information, about your online activities over time and across different websites, apps, and other online services websites. They may use this information to provide you with interest-based (behavioral) advertising or other targeted content.
We do not control these third parties’ tracking technologies or how they may be used. If you have any questions, you should contact the responsible provider directly.
How We Use Your Information
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Promote the services and features identified or set forth in the Website.
- Provide you with the Website and its contents, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- Notify you when Website updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide, to the extent permitted and in accordance with all applicable laws:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it, which may include, but is not limited to, Posting your name , photo and location and other User Contributions, user information and social media to other users of the Website.
- To our subsidiaries and affiliates.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Camp Get-A-Way’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Camp Get-A-Way of Western NYS, Inc. about our Website users is among the assets transferred.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
- To enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- If we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of Camp Get-A-Way of Western NYS, Inc., our customers or others.
Your Choices About Our Collection, Use, and Disclosure of Your Information
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising; however, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You can review and change your personal information and password by logging into the Website and visiting your account setting page.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATION OR WARRANTY, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, WITH RESPECT TO ANY BREACHES OF SECURITY, DAMAGE TO YOUR DEVICE, OR ANY LOSS OR UNAUTHORIZED USE OF YOUR REGISTRATION INFORMATION OR OTHER DATA.
By using the Website, you are consenting to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts sitting in the State of New York. You agree that such courts shall have in personal jurisdiction over you, that such venue shall be exclusive and you waive any objection based on inconvenient forum. You agree that you will not file or participate in a class action against us.
In the event there is a discrepancy between this English language version and any translated copies of the Policy, the English version shall prevail.